- The KP Difference
- Health Plans
- Small Business
- Large Business
- Multi-State & National Business
- Group Medicare
- Individual & Family Plans
- Consumer Directed Health Care
- Occupational Health
- Additional Benefits
- PPO, Point-of-Service, Out-of-Area Plans
- Thrive At Work
- Health Plans
A better way to manage your retiree coverage
As an employer, you want to support the people who have served your company well over the years — but you also need to keep an eye on the bottom line. Together we can help you manage your group Medicare costs and help your retirees thrive.
Flexible solutions from a recognized leader
When you partner with Kaiser Permanente, your Medicare retirees get the proactive care, integrated services, and innovative health tools they need. And you get flexible solutions that help you plan ahead, save time, control costs, and keep it simple for your HR administrators.
- Choose your benefit levels – Select from a range of affordable plan options
- Define your contributions – You can limit the amount you contribute to your group plan or choose to make no contribution
- Offer a health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) – Provide your Medicare retirees with tax-free funds they can use to pay for premiums or qualified medical expenses.1
- Get direct billing at no additional cost – Have us directly bill your Medicare retirees for their premiums and follow up on any billing questions, statements or late payments.
Choose the Medicare health plan with real star power
Year after year, Kaiser Permanente ranks among the top Medicare health plans in the country based on performance in the following categories: preventive care, chronic care, prescription drug services, customer service and member satisfaction.
|Kaiser Permanente Region||Kaiser Permanente`s 2017 overall Medicare ratings||Other plans achieving the same level of performance|
|Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC.||
|Washington & Oregon||
Easing the transition to Medicare
With 50 years of Medicare experience we have what it takes to help your employees make the transition to Medicare. When members turn 64, we kick off a 13-month information campaign that includes letters, guides, reminder calls, and emails to help them understand their options so you don`t have to spend the time. And it`s already included in your benefits, so you don`t need to opt in or sign up.
DID YOU KNOW
High-quality care that keeps retirees healthier
Our integrated care system and connected team of caregivers support older members by helping them keep their often-complex medical histories, prescriptions, and appointments coordinated. With real-time access to the most up-to-date patient information, our health care teams can help your retirees always get the right care at the right time.
- Preventive care – Our Healthy Bones program helps members prevent serious hip injuries, enabling us to decrease hip fractures by nearly 50%.
- Disease management – Members at risk for a chronic condition are enrolled into our award-winning3 Complete Care disease management programs automatically, at no additional cost.
- Pharmacy – Electronic prescribing at Kaiser Permanente facilities means that prescriptions can be easily monitored to track adherence and prevent potentially dangerous interactions.
For more information
- 1The tax references in this website are provided for informational purposes only. Consult with your financial or tax advisor or attorney for advice about federal and state income tax laws.
- 2Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. Star ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next. In California, Kaiser Permanente is an HMO plan and a Cost plan with a Medicare contract. In Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and Georgia, Kaiser Permanente is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. In Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia, Kaiser Permanente is a Cost plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Kaiser Permanente depends on contract renewal. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Health Plan Management System, Plan Ratings 2012–2017. Kaiser Permanente contract #s H0524, H0630, H1230, H2150, H9003, and H1170.
- 3“Building Healthier Communities: Kaiser Permanente Southern California,” Alliance of Community Health Plans, October 22, 2012.
Services covered under your health plan are provided and/or arranged by Kaiser Permanente health plans: Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc., in Northern and Southern California and Hawaii • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Georgia, Inc., Nine Piedmont Center, 3495 Piedmont Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, 404-364-7000 • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States, Inc., in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., 2101 E. Jefferson St., Rockville, MD 20852 • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Northwest, 500 NE Multnomah St., Suite 100, Portland, OR 97232 • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington or Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington Options, Inc., 320 Westlake Ave. N, Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98109 • Self-insured plans are administered by Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company, One Kaiser Plaza, Oakland, CA 94612
Congratulations! You have successfully saved this item.
To access your Saved items any time, open the "Saved Items" folder in the top right corner of the page.
It seems that you do not have cookies enabled. Please enable cookies to make use of all of our site's functionality.
You haven't collected any items yet.
- Save Content
Click the "Save" icon next to the content you want to revisit later.
- Access Your Saved Items
Click on the "Saved Items" link at the top of the page or use the URL we create for you.
Be sure to copy and paste the URL we create for you before you leave the site.
1-5 of 14
After leave the site, your saved items will be saved for you at this URL:https://business.kaiserpermanente.org/saved-items?user=